Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Book Challenge

So, I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions. I think they're slightly ridiculous. I read that statistically around 45%  of Americans make resolutions, but only about 8% end up following through. That's a lot of failure. So instead of resolutions, I try to set goals for myself to reach throughout the year, even long term goals that last over the course of multiple years.

One of my complaints from last year was that I didn't read as much as I usually do. Now, don't get me wrong, I still read quite a few books, probably more than the average person, but I love reading and didn't get to nearly as many stories as I wanted to. This year I decided to change that by making a book goal for myself. I decided to attempt to read 52 books in the year 2013. To many that may seem like a lot of books, but to me, and other avid readers, it's really not. It's an average of one book a week, and easily accomplishable goal seeing as I can read a book in a mere 3-4 hours.

Since I'm going to be reading all these books, I thought, "Why not review them while you're at it?" I love recommending fellow readers to books I've read, so this is an easy way to do it. So, come, join me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment